My Friends ~ You Guys are the Best!

Friday, June 3, 2011

Food for thought and Friday Freebies!

 Shalom, Aleichem

(Peace, friend)


It is going to be a busy day around here, so I'll try to keep this short.

(You can stop laughing.)

I have a thought to share with you and I want to tell you about a couple of "freebies" you may be interested in.

Food for thought:

As most of you know, on the Hebraic calendar, the day begins at sundown.  This is Friday, so this evening at sundown will be the beginning of Saturday, rather than midnight being the start of a new day.

Considering that ~ read the following quote:

"Thinking about the night as the beginning of the day reminds us that everything doesn't depend on us. We go to sleep, but God is working all through the night. So we don't have to be anxious or rushed. When we wake up, we will simply join him in his work."  ~ Eugene H. Peterson
That should help you have some sweet dreams!

~ Now for the FREEBIES! ~

If you would like a free sourdough starter (dried w/directions) which has been traced back as far as 1847 on the Oregon Trail, visit  
Carl's Friends

They ask for a SASE. You man give a small donation, but it isn't required. 

They have given away over 20,000 starters!

Amazing!

2nd Freebie:
I was watching God's Learning Channel for a few minutes yesterday afternoon.  A lady by the name of 
Renalee (I think her last name is) Colon was the guest.

If you go to her site  


you can download both her music and her books for free.

I downloaded The Gospel of Shalom and read about ten pages tonight.  I think it is going to be very interesting!

Praying for you to have a safe weekend.  May it be filled with blessings!
Cheryl

4 comments:

  1. Cherly, thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me your email. it didn't work for me though so I am sending this to you:

    For sharing your email with me. I NEVER knew that SOD was like that before. God placed that on my heart for my business that I am starting..helping people have SOD in their life so they are able to bloom where they are planted. Helping them simplify, organize and declutter. it has been a blessing from God to have us connect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must check out Carl's friends. What fun that could be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the photo you posted! Shalom, Aleichem...

    ReplyDelete
  4. May you be likewise blessed, my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always a joy to hear from you.