My Friends ~ You Guys are the Best!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Catchin' Up!

Lots to talk about…..

Not a lot of time!

LIFE is interrupting my blogging time! Does anyone else have that problem?

First of all, I need to bring you up to date about the hCG diet. Without taking time to look for my form thingie, I’ll just give you the facts, along with the pros and cons.



I started Saturday before Mothers’ Day (I think) and my weight was 248. I had hoped to drop 24 pounds by Memorial Day, which was a little unrealistic for me, even with hCG. I did drop to 234, for a 14 pound loss and I lost 10 ½ inches.


I felt great most of the time. There were two days, I thought my blood sugar was dropping too low, so I ate a little more….an extra apple, a little more lean meat. In doing so, I found that rather than sticking to two meals and keeping my calories near 500 a day, I did better, breaking it into three smaller meals and trying to keep the calories under 700.

This allowed me to add an extra “meal” about 4:00 pm, when I would feel like I was going to “crash” and it prevented me from over eating once dinner was ready.

So, I think like anything else, you have to tailor this for the individual.

I was never really hungry! I did have the munchies….old habits die hard. I did cheat a little. I mean, this covered the time between two holidays and one family birthday, equaling three major family cookouts. When I did cheat a little, I felt like I had eaten an elephant! I mean, it would be like eating two peanut M&Ms and feeling like you had stuffed the whole (economy size) bag in your mouth. I am still very conscious of what I eat, which is a new concept for me. LOL

I also noticed my hair and skin have a healthier appearance and my nails grew like crazy! So that is a plus. Another plus, doing without sugar and grains, I seemed to have starved out the yeast in my system. No yeast infection! Yea! I did a ionic foot cleanse last night and you should have seen the nasty stuff that came out of me. Yuck! I should have taking pictures....not that they would have been pleasant to look at.

Over all, I will most likely do this again. When I get close to my desired weight, I will try to stick to the protocol, since this also makes changes in how the body reacts to food, as well as helping you to lose weight.

On to other things…..lots going on! This past Sunday was the first day in over two weeks we didn’t have extra chillins! And I mean….extra! Instead of the normal 4, we have been running anywhere from 8 to 11 (when they are all here), plus distant cousins from the next farm over. Sunday and yesterday, I tried to blog, but I just “crashed” – sat in the garden, read and slept.

The garden is all planted for now and we are already picking radishes and eggplant. I have a little transplanting to do (mostly herbs), but other than that we are through with the planting until we start putting in fall crops.

Today, we are back to having three extra kiddos, plus we are babysitting DD#1’s two dogs. She and her husband will be cooking for church camps for the next two weeks.

On the agenda here….I am going to clean the a/c filter today and clean out the large deep freeze. Can you believe corn will be ready to start putting up in about three weeks?! Honey Hunk is talking about putting the pool up. I know the boys will be HAPPY! It will take a day or two, as we need to move things around and do some leveling ….but that will keep the guys busy!

For breakfast there is fresh cantaloupe, egg salad and beef smoked sausage, along with lots of coffee and apple cider! Help yourself, then come on out to the shop and help me unload the freezer!

I am going to try….definitely try….to post again this evening as well as visit some of you. I have missed you so much! I even dreamed about some of you and your families!

Besides, I love posting the “Daybook” post….it keeps me focused …..gotta try and get that done.

Have a beautiful, fruitful day!

Blessings,
Cheryl

6 comments:

  1. Been missin you too! I've had quite a break off my normal cooking fest posts. I've barely cooked in a week! I am trying to switch over to self-hosting and it's wearing me thing! We took 2 days of the weekend and spent it watching our granddaughter swim and play...sometimes you just need to take a blogging break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great week life interupts my blogging all the time =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer gets in the way of blogging, no doubt. Save me at plate at breakfast. YUM>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are doing well with your diet and life.

    I have several friends on that diet. I just don't know how you all do it. I can't imagine eating under 1200 calories. Can it really be that healthy? Anyway, I'm sure you are taking care of yourself so that's all that matters. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life gets in the way of my blogging all the time! Glad to hear you are doing well and feeling good even if you are busy!

    Never heard of an iconic foot cleanse and can't imagine it driving things out of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did very well with your weight loss. I'm like Dawn, not able to imagine eating less then 1200. 500-700 just is so little but like she said you took care of yourself so good for you.
    Blogging is almost impossible this time of year. Only thing here is it has been raining almost non-stop since a the 6th. Hoping it quits soon.
    Take care Cheryl, have a great afternoon and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always a joy to hear from you.