My Friends ~ You Guys are the Best!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

On Blogging, Old Age, and Christmas



Ernest Hemingway could have been speaking of “blogging” (as well as letter writing) when he said, “It’s such a swell way to keep from working and yet feel you’ve done something.”

It seems I have sit here and "wasted" way too much time! But, "help, I sat down and I can't get up!"

I think it is because I dislike winter. I dislike the shorter days, the cold temps, and the fact you can’t buy a good watermelon (or a good tomato) in December or January…which btw, is when they sound really good to me!

And I really dislike looking at the stack of dirty dishes I should be up washing! So, here I sit…and sit…and

Tomorrow evening, I am cooking for dh’s brothers, their significant others and my sweet mother-in-law. Really, I am only doing this for her and dh. Granny is 91 years young. This is my “gift” to her.

So, I need to get myself busy, wash the dishes, move the clothes in the washer to the dryer, start another load, pick the chicken (I did managed to cook tonight) off the bone and a few other things, that if done tonight will make tomorrow go much smoother.

Do you put things off? I think each year I get worse. I don’t really think it is an age thing so much, as maybe I am just giving in to my true lazy self. I wonder which is worse…old age or discovering you are really lazy? However, being true to oneself is a good thing…Right?

Today is December 22 (okay, it has only been the 22nd for about 19 minutes), and I still need to write out at least four Christmas cards. Obviously, they’ll be a little late.

I can remember Granny Dorothy saying things like, “Well, Christmas just sneaks up on me anymore.” And I would think something like…why? It comes at the same time every year. Now I am discovering how wise Granny really is….Christmas is one sneaky holiday!

Remember in the movie, The Little Rascals, Darla is sitting there saying (about Alfalfa), “Please, don’t let him say my name … please don’t let him say me name.”

Now I feel like saying, “Please don’t let it be old age…please don’t let it be old age.”

Maybe, it is that seasonal dysfunctional disease or somethin’. Come spring, it will all be better. I promise!

Oh, and relax! It is only 367 days, 17 hours, 30 minutes, and 19 seconds until Christmas 2010. Now, don’t you feel better?

Be joyful everyone!
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always a joy to hear from you.