My Friends ~ You Guys are the Best!

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Fa la la, la, La la la la.....




Just a few quick updates. It is that time of the year, when we seem to meet ourselves "coming and going" as they used to say. And life around here is no exception I have lots of good intentions, but time seems to be traveling at the speed of light toward December 25th, fortunately for me, we celebrate our family Christmas with everybody on January 1st. *smile* We made a point to start doing this *tradition* when the grown kids started getting married. We didn't want them to feel pulled between which house, what time, and guilty over being one place, while feeling the need to be somewhere else. So we started our own thing!


The lovely necklace pictured here is from The Silver Cottage website. I am going to try to add a link to the site....but you all know I am not very good at that. If my attempt doesn't work and a web search doesn't show you were to go, leave me a comment and I'll try to point you in the right direction!


I haven't finished my shopping for this Christmas and I am already planning what I want to buy for next!!! But now I know about this site, so I can order anytime during the year and hide my gifts away....(Okay, there have been a couple of years when I hid them a little too well! But I am going to get better organized... .really!). Anyway wanted to share the lovely work this stay at home mom does! Be sure and look at the bracelet made with two strands of beautiful Amethyst chips and drawn together by a single dragonfly with an adjustable length. Gorgeous!


I have to go to the post office either tomorrow or Tuesday....well, since it is 1:28 a.m., make that later today or tomorrow. But, I still have to package three gifts and finish the Christmas cards. Maybe while I am filling up on coffee in a few hours.....What? You asked why I'm not working on cards now? Because I am working on laundry...lots of laundry and I only sit down and work on this post in between folding loads of clothes.


Elijah is still awake and we are also watching Five Mile Creek and talking about the "land down under".....so we are throwing in a bit of schooling here in the middle of the night! Doesn't everybody live like this?


Jenny (DD#1) is coming tomorrow afternoon, to bring Teamer and pick up Joey and Mac. Hopefully, (and I may be dreaming) I will then get a little more done on the house.


I am planning on preparing an early holiday dinner for Granny D. and all of dh's brothers and significant others, however I still have to figure which day/evening will work best.


I received a new book to review yesterday. It is a devotional by Keri Wyatt Kent. It looks wonderful....there again, TIME.


Today was the first really nice day since I promised new pictures of Rodeo and I forgot. I still have the pictures on my "to do list".


If you haven't tried the Cast Iron Pan Candy on Suzanne McMinn's Chickens In the Road site....it is so good! I had eight kids here yesterday and we made it. The recipe is incredibly simple. A nice rich toffee and then we drizzled melted white chocolate over it...just because! It was like eating Heath bars....all the Heath bars you want. I think I sampled way too much!


Suzanne has lots of ideas to make your Christmas special, that are very economical friendly *cheap*. Many of her ideas will enrich your life, too.


Okay, not proof reading this tonight, so if you find mistakes just correct them and be joyful!


Enjoy the season!
Cheryl

4 comments:

  1. I am out making the secret santa rounds with a friendly reminder that today is the SSS shipping date and to remind everyone to please email us your DC# and to remind all participants to blog about their gift if they have received it

    have a wonderful day

    I will be back to read your post I promise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been lurking your blog for a while-sorry it has taken me so long to comment.

    We do the same thing as you at Christmas, we do ours the week after (New Years weekend). It just works out better for us. My daughters have so many other places to go-or for their children to go to, ex-in-laws, great grandparents, it is just too hectic and not fair to anyone if I expect them at my house on Christmas, too. So I have them all to myself on our day. They like it that way, too. It takes some of the stress off of an already stressful day.

    I love, love that necklace pictured above! I am going to check out The Silver Cottage. That is right up my alley.

    I didn't send out any Christmas Cards this year-I haven't in a couple of years now. It seems like so many people are getting away from that tradition, and it is sad.

    Cute little pony that you have-sounds like everyone is enjoying watching him!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Collinskid!

    How is your book coming? I haven't had a chance to go back to many of the blogs I visited, because I get to reading about everyone's life. Then too, I have trouble remembering where I was reading what!

    Liz Higgs asked today, "If you heart is full, is it okay that your head is empty?" That is exactly how I feel some days!

    I love Christmas cards! But I know that postage is high and that can be a problem; however, I think I like cards better than gifts. LOL

    I am so glad you posted. After the holidays, maybe we will have some time to visit.

    May you and your family be especially blessed this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Friday Fragments! You're a pro!

    Wow-she is a talented artist. Her jewelry is very beautiful.

    I was going to skip cards this year (not in the budget), but then I remembered that this is our last year with both kids living at home, so I bought some to send a beautiful pic we had taken of the kids this summer. Good luck getting yours done; mine are still sitting here in a pile.

    Here's a link to basic instructions for adding hyperlinks (fancy word but don't be intimidated!) http://coderstalk.blogspot.com/2008/04/how-to-create-hyperlink-on-blogger-post.html (copy and paste the address I've given you into the box at the top of your page, then hit Enter :) Email me if you need any help.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always a joy to hear from you.