My Friends ~ You Guys are the Best!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thursday's Top Ten and Stuff


Note from Beth:

I am out of town today. And even if I was here … chances are that I would struggle to think up a theme. I’m in one of those phases where I can stand lost, in front of the pantry or open refrigerator, wondering what on earth to make for dinner! So trying to come up with a topic for not just myself, but you to expound … well … it’s just beyond me! And since I can’t come up with a theme … I decided to make that the theme. Make 10 suggestions for future top 10s. And link ‘em up below! Thanks!

Here are mine!  Where are yours?


Top Ten Suggestions, for Top Ten Thursdays!

If you could only have ten (different) foods to eat for the rest of you life, what would they be?

If you could witness any historical event you wished, what would be your top ten?

The subject:  the Night Sky!  List ten things it reminds you of or ten memories you associate with the night sky.

We all dream of things we would like to do or would have liked to have done.  List your ten unfilled dreams.

Are there ten people (alive or dead) you would like to meet?  Who and Why?

Ten habits that annoy you!  (yours or other people's)

What are your top ten favorite desserts?  Post the recipe for your most favorite!

Ten things that make you smile.

The book police are coming to your home!  You can only keep ten books!  Which ten will you keep?

List you top ten favorite quotes.

 * * * * *


Our weather is changing....change we can actually notice!  This morning the temperature was 61.  It's nearly noon and the temp remains in the 60's.  It is drizzling off and on.  The ground needs this!  We need this!  Hopefully, we can get the turnips planted soon!

I am thankful for the change, however they are predicting 90 to be the high on Sunday....still, better than last Monday's 109.
Tomorrow is our day set aside for prayer.  If you have a special need, please let me know.  I will be praying for you and your family.
This has been one awesome week, for answered prayers!  I hope to be able to share with you ......it will build your faith!

With the appearance of the full moon, the Month of Elul is half over.  I haven't done this study justice on here.  For that, I am sorry, because it is  chalked full of blessings.....but before the month has completely slipped away, I hope to do a few more posts.  Life has been very busy for us the last week or so.

Still blessings abound!

We are on a journey and the road is rough....and will become more so with time.

Which brings me to this week's Parsha (Torah Portion/Bible Study).  It will be for tomorrow night, but here is a glimpse:

Ki Tavo "When you come"
Deuteronomy 26:1 - 29
Isaiah 60: 1 - 22

Remembering the Journey!

My friend Pam passed this along and I want to leave it with you.

"Love comes while we rest against our Father's chest. Joy comes when we catch the rhythms of His heart. Peace comes when we live in harmony with those rhythms. "
May HIS rhythm, be yours! 
Blessings,
Cheryl 
 


2 comments:

  1. Those are really good Top Ten topics. I hope Beth uses some of them!

    Please pray for me? Trying to work full-time, be a homemaker, take two seminary classes, working out at the gym, dieting, mentoring two newer believers, and dealing with financial issues has me STRESSED to the limit. Tonight I am wanting nothing more than to run away from it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these! I will definitely add them to upcoming Top 10 themes! I sat down (with some rare free time) the other day and scheduled through the end of the year. Lots of seasonal themes. But I will definitely need some new material in the new year! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always a joy to hear from you.