Wichita Mtns. Wildlife Refuge
In the beginning ......
Today is the first day of a 40 Day fast for some of us. Forty days of eating only one meal a day and completely fasting from desserts.
It is really going better than I had expected it to. Praise God! I know that it is because of prayer! And I am really thankful for those of you who are praying! May you be richly blessed in return!
Dealing with the flesh is kind of like dealing with a two year old. Sometimes, you just have to distract it! So here is a list of 60 things to do in place of eating!
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. ~ Romans 8:37
(now) Sixty (positive) things to do…….
Instead of eating!
- read a devotion
- call a friend
- write a note
- pull the weeds out of the flower bed
- sit in the garden and sketch a picture
- take a nice long spa bath (*)
- start your novel
- watch something that makes you laugh! (*)
- go for a walk…
- go visit a neighbor
- get online and *talk* to somebody
- memorize a Bible verse
- go checkout the sunset….take your camera
- shape your eyebrows *ouch*
- write out your plans for the next day
- take time to dream
- begin a gratitude list
- write down the day of the month, now list all the people who have birthdays on that day (regardless of their birth month)….soon you will have a calendar list of who to pray for each day of the month. On the 25th of each month, I pray for granddaughter, Gabby (Jan.) and grandson, Jailen (Aug.). Now I pray for all my grandchildren daily, but on the 25th of each month, I REALY pray for these two!
- work on your scrap book
- take time to journal
- give yourself a manicure….hey, or go get one!
- give yourself a pedicure…..hey, or go get one!
- pick a topic that has always interested you and start learning more about it.
- write out a weeks worth of menus
- make your grocery list
- go do your hair
- fold a load of clothes
- pick one room and throw away ten things!...or recycle ten items!
- write a thank you card
- plan a party or a lunch for you and two of your best friends
- write a note to one of your children or grandchildren, telling them how special they are
- take the vinegar and soda and clean the bathroom drains…it’s fun making volcanoes!
- go through and organize old pictures…be sure and write names and dates on back
- clean the patio door
- go outside and just breathe!
- clean out a drawer
- read a book!
- arrange flowers (limbs, leaves…whatever) for your table or mantel
- take time to just listen
- make a list of ten places you would like to visit and why
- write out ten goals
- write out your life’s mission statement
- go online and visit a missionary’s website
- go to the library
- plant some seeds or re-pot a plant
- learn to weave (do potholders count?)
- pass out ten hugs!
- shave your legs
- make a cup of tea….apple cinnamon…yum!
- clean off a shelf
- go through your magazines and set aside the ones you are finished with to donate to a nursing home or retirement center
- take a child for ice cream (ice cream eaten with a child does not count as eating), better yet play catch!
- clean your ears or clean out your purse
- give your hair a hot oil treatment
- look at seed catalogs
- embroidery or cross stitch (when you finish, feel free to send them to me) ;)