My Friends ~ You Guys are the Best!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

BEWARE!

So Much Sunshine in January ~ Leads to Daydreaming!



(Happy Birthday, Gabby!)

Because I haven’t been here in more than a few days, I thought I would share some things, thoughts or ideas that will make you smile! (Hey, I’ve actually been cleaning house! And that is making me pretty happy. But I’ve missed ya!)

I have a contest, giveaway, first ever for me, the Prairie Maid, coming up! The “prize” is on the way and as soon as it arrives and photographed, I will post all the particulars. Stay tuned, I think you are going to love it! And if all goes well, I think we will be having a contest about every 4 to 6 weeks, because it will be fun!

Speaking of contests, be sure and checkout Georgie’s over at Decisionally Challenged. She has an awesome giveaway going on. Be sure and hurry, I believe Friday, January 29th is the last day. She also has a great idea for Valentines. You’ll love it!



The last week or so, the temps have been much warmer and we have been taking full advantage of all that marvelous sun! In the photo, Marigold is dying to help Teamer with his reading! *And yes, that picture was taken back in September, when everything was still green!*

Being outside, brings visions of spring babies and fresh vegetables…okay, my visions have been helped a little by all the seed and hatchery catalogs. In a moment of “stupid” I even told the boys they could raise turkeys this year. What’s one more project, right? Actually, I think it will be a great learning experience.

I’ve also been dreaming about one of our most favorite spots for a few days of relaxation. That in turn has me searching the calendar for when we can see our way clear to spend a few days away from home. I’m going to include some pictures of last summer’s trip to Robbers Cave down at Wilburton, Oklahoma.

Hope you will enjoy the sights, as much as we enjoyed our time there! And if you ever get the chance to go…do!




Trying to be still for the picture!



The kids always enjoy feeding the fish!




Taking a break!

'Til next time,
Cheryl

4 comments:

  1. oh oh oh how I want some of that sunshine and warmth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy BDay Gabby!!!!
    Okay i have been wantin to go to robbers cave...what about a summer meet up? is that to weird? i know my hubby isnt always keen on meeting folks for the net...he thinks i am crazy...

    Thank YOU for the shout-out on my giveaway you so rock!!!!

    okay now i know you have seen the weather reports...i had to rain on your sunshine but we are friends lol...are you prepared? candles,flashlights,milk,bread,stuff for tater soup? firwood...i hope i am being melodramic I HOPE....stay warm darling!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh lord all those typos...I HATE to rain on your sunshine!!! geesh I need a typist wanna be my agent LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved seeing the pictures of your sweet family and your vaction time...especially since we're due to have ice/snow in a few days? EEK!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always a joy to hear from you.