My Friends ~ You Guys are the Best!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Life 101



Wow, It’s Wednesday!

But I wasn’t done with Monday…..or Tuesday, yet!

I started the week with a long list of plans and things to do…*smile*

I know some of you are awesome when it comes to being organized and planning. I have the same experience with “to do lists” as I have whenever I wear white….or any light color….. that shows every splatter, drip, or smudge (should I say mud, dirt, paw prints?). It just doesn’t work for me. As a matter of fact, it seems to backfire in a BIG way!

Instead of “Rules are made to be broken,” I need a sign that says, “Plans are meant to be scratched.”

Tonight at sundown Rosh Hashanah begins. I wanted the house clean. I wanted the table perfect. I wanted the floors mopped and the pasture mowed. (Okay, not really on the pasture part.) But I did want things…NICE.

This is the first time we have planned to celebrate Rosh Hashanah as a family, rather that just reading about it. One of our home-school projects this year is to study the Biblical feasts.

But LIFE kicks in and things happen. A veteran friend of honey hunk showed up for dinner Sunday evening (that was after having the neighbor’s grandchildren all afternoon). Monday (Labor Day) two of the grown kids needed a baby sitter. Granny, who will be 92 next month, called “just to visit” ….and visit, and visit. Then yesterday….

LIFE really took over and our Heavenly Father saw fit to add another arrow to our ever expending quiver. Meet our latest blessing ~




Kalaya is 6 lbs. 1 oz. and 17 ½ inches long. And she has a wonderful set of lungs for praising the Lord!

I once heard an evangelist say, “Life can be a series of stumbling blocks or stepping stones.” How true! Do we see the cup half full or half empty?

So tonight at dinner we will talk about the Feast of Trumpets. We’ll talk about what it meant in the past and what it means prophetically. We’ll blow a (real) shofar and we’ll eat apples dipped in honey. We’ll thank our Heavenly Father for sending His Son and for the sweet blessings He sends into our everyday lives….even when the blessings interrupt our plans…Life

“The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” John 10:10



Shalom and may your life be filled with blessings!

Cheryl

4 comments:

  1. Oh...a baby. Email me and fill me in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shana Tova.....a good and sweet year to you & your family!

    And how appro to have a new life to celebrate a new year! Congrats.
    Maybe the rest of your day will fall into some sort of order (or not!!). Either way, enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cheryl,
    I wanted to answer the comment you left on my blog. I just seriously started taking Vitamin D at the beginning of this month, meaning i had only been taking a multivitamin dose before but now I an taking 4000 IU daily. I have been hearing about the results it can bring and am hoping it can really help me. I still try to get as much natural sunshine as I can, I believe in it. Thanks for your info. If you have any other ideas or info that you believe might help i would love to hear it my email is kerns 7 at mac dot com. thanks & have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so beautiful!!!! I was so happy to see your comments on my blog. I missed my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always a joy to hear from you.