My Friends ~ You Guys are the Best!

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Yesterday's Cinnamon Rolls


Wishing all of you could have been here yesterday! Chasey (9 y/o granddaughter) had her first baking lesson! We made cinnamon rolls. Actually, we made a little over 5 dozen cinnamon rolls! Everyone along our mile section received cinnamon rolls yesterday afternoon and Chasey took two dozen along home to share. There are only 4 left on the table this morning! Of course, there were nine kids here, including Chasey, so warm cinnamon rolls fresh from the oven, were a yummy treat!

Blessing all the neighbors, along the section (which is five families) was a wonderful lesson in giving and sharing for all the kids who were here. They were very popular as they made their delivery rounds. It is always fun to share with our neighbors. They bless us in so many ways (even the in-law ones! LOL).


Too bad my story doesn’t end there!

By the end of the day, it looked like the Pillsbury Doughboy committed some kind of terrorist act and exploded all over my kitchen. (After baking the cinnamon rolls, we had ten people for supper, too!) It was nearly midnight before all the mess was cleaned up!

Next time, you can come and share! I love the smell of cinnamon rolls baking, especially in the fall! Don't you? Definitely worth all the mess! Sharing the afternoon with grandkids is pure bliss (most of the time ;)!

May your day be blessed. Remember, He is rejocing over you with singing!



"The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

Hugs,

Cheryl

7 comments:

  1. LOL! Oh my, I've had those Pillsbury Doughboy kitchen explosions with my grandkids, too! But what fun, huh... we wouldn't trade those moments for anything!

    Visiting via Unknown Mami's blog. Happy to meet you, neighbor! *waving from Kansas*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cooking and baking with my kiddo's - I can only imagine how much more fun it will be with grandkids!

    Lucky neighbors! I might be moving in next door LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! can't wait until I can bake with my Scout!

    The verse about God singing over us (me) is just awe inspiring! What a thought..... blessings to you my flour dusted friend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to learn how to make cinnamon rolls. It's my goal to make them for christmas morning this year..we'll see :)
    Sounds like despite the giant mess that you both had a wonderful day : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kitchen is always horribly messy when my girls and I bake/cook together but the memories made are SO worth it...wish I had one of your cinnamon rolls! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for making me smile. Blessings. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that sounds so good! My grandbabies are just getting to the age that I will try having a terrorist in my kitchen too! Over 40 blogger here to say hello! ~Lisa

    I am all a twitter about life

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always a joy to hear from you.