My Friends ~ You Guys are the Best!

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Silent messages of LOVE!

Shalom!
Blessings on you weekend!


We received a wonderful rain early this morning (Friday morning), continuing up into the afternoon. It was quiet a welcome sight.


 (Frannie's picture)

Now things are even "greener" than before!  And everything smells so clean...heavenly!
And we have mud.
We were also without electricity for about two hours during the afternoon.   (So, I took a nap! It was a rare treat.)

My honeyhunk wasn't able to work on his fencing project.  It was nice having him around the house, but he was anxious to be able to get outside.  So were the boys.  They went to the pond twice, only to be chased back to the house by the lightning.

Remember these:

(Scroll down a couple of posts to see more.)

I found the story that goes with the feathers!

I thought you might enjoy it.


God's Wings
 
After a forest fire in Yellowstone National Park, forest rangers  began their trek up a mountain to assess the inferno's damage.  One ranger found a bird literally petrified in ashes, perched statuesquely on the ground at the base of a tree. 

 Somewhat sickened by the eerie sight, he knocked over the bird with a stick.  When he gently struck it, three tiny chicks scurried from under their dead mother's wings.  The loving mother, keenly aware of impending disaster, had carried her offspring to the base of the tree and had  gathered them under her wings, instinctively  knowing that the toxic smoke would rise.  She could have flown to safety but had refused to abandon her babies.  Then the blaze had arrived and the heat had scorched her small body, the mother had remained steadfast...because she had been willing to die, so those under the cover of her wings would live.
 

"He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler."  Psalm 91:4

Are you under His wings?  What a perfect place to be!


 Also, thought you would enjoy this picture.  
 (I rec'd it from Dell Sanchez )

The picture was taken looking across the Negev in Israel.  I love the double rainbows, but I also like the interesting affect of the clouds.  They almost look like a huge dove sweeping down....
rainbow ~ a sign of God's promises, a dove ~

Silent messages of LOVE!

You are loved!

Welcome to the new followers!  If you have a blog, please leave me a comment, so I can stalk follow you back to your blog.  Sometimes just clicking on the photo doesn't bring up your blog address.

I am happy you are here and look forward to visiting with you!

I probably won't be back until sometime Sunday....some of my personal blessings are still visiting!  *Smile*

In the meantime, I pray Abba will blessed you in all things!
Remember, HE sent HIS only SON....for YOU!

Cheryl

4 comments:

  1. I just found your blog. Loved the story of the mother bird protecting her young...just as our Heavenly Father shelters us under His wings protecting us. Looking forward to reading more of your posts.
    Blessings,
    Betty
    http://anewdaywithbetty.blogspot.com
    http://elegantreflections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful!!!
    Have a wonderful Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl, I would happily forward you my own copy of the Beth Moore CD when I'm finished. Let me know if you want me to drop it off somewhere or mail it. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have the heart of an angel.
    will look for you on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always a joy to hear from you.