My Friends ~ You Guys are the Best!

Monday, August 15, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ Tuesday, August 16th



The Simple Woman’s Daybook

Outside my window...  dark, cloudy and lightning.  Praying for rain.

I am thinking...  ~ about some old friends I recently heard from.  It blessed my heart.

I am thankful for...  ~ the rain we have received!

I am wearing...  ~ old, comfortable clothes….barefoot
always, barefoot (some things just don’t change, people)

I am remembering… ~ crazy things!

I am praying … ~ for a friend and for our troops around the globe.  This is a difficult time for them, I’m sure.

I am going...  ~ to try and get a little more organized and try to follow doctor’s orders.

I am currently reading...  ~ I just finished Mine Is the Night by Liz Curtis Higgs.  It is a sequel to Here Burns My Candle and it is the best book I have ever read!  Loved it.
 (It is loosely based on the story of Ruth.)
 
I am hoping...  ~ for an early and long autumn.

On my mind...  ~ Ann Voskamp’s blog, A Holy Experience, she had a beautiful post yesterday about her son.  It is certainly worth your time to check it out.

Noticing that...   ~ the days (or daylight hours) are already getting noticeably shorter.

From the kitchen...  ~ going to be putting okra and squash in the freezer today.

Around the house...  ~ laundry, always laundry!

From the learning room ~ getting ready for the new school year.  For now, the boys are learning how to operate some new equipment and how to build and maintain a pond.  (I love it when honey-hunk does the teaching and I get to sit back and learn too!)

One of my favorite things…  Lemon Meringue Pie.  I’m going to make honey-hunk one this week, along with his favorite meal ~ meatloaf with lots of homegrown veggies and cornbread.

A picture to share… ~
Beavers Bend State Park
(I'm dreaming of fall.)

Quote of the Week… ~ 

 “Whatever You may do, I will thank You.
I am ready for all; I accept all.
Let only Your will be done in me…
And I’ll ask for nothing else, my Lord.”

~Charles de Foucauld
(from, A Holy Experience)

Be sure and visit The Simple Woman’s Daybook for more daybook entries.


 May God be gracious to you and bless you; may He make His countenance shine upon you forever; that Your way be known on earth, Your salvation among all nations.

Blessings,
Cheryl

3 comments:

  1. I am blessed by this post today. So wonderful to have a group of Sisters-in-Christ! Also, that lemon meringue is going to stick in my head until I make it, I'm afraid. And I'm trying to give up sugar. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful as always my sister friend! Praying for your healing! Josiah asked for prayers as they are going to be taking a bus ride. He is prone to motion sickness and migraines when he has to ride a bus. They are traveling about 6 hours from their home base.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy and Beth, thank you for your kind words! You gals are so caring.

    Beth, praying for Josiah....after seeing the picture you posted of the country side there....I would be sick just thinking about riding a bus...my and 6 hours of that!!! Praying for a very safe trip and praying all the motion does not make him ill.

    Love you gals!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always a joy to hear from you.