My Friends ~ You Guys are the Best!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Friday Fragments

Finally, Friday is here! This Friday is special, because by this time next week, we will have entered the magical month of March and spring will not be far off. I think everybody is ready!

Mommy's Idea

I think I enjoyed the Olympics better when I didn’t know every single detail about the lives of the Olympians…..or every time one frown at another. Now if Tonya Harding shows up, give me a call. The Kerrigan family has already suffered enough heartache for this Olympic season.

Bailey (9 y/o) and Jacob (5y/o) were boxing each other on the Wii and Aubrey (6 y/o) had the karaoke mic, acting as the sports announcer! Nice! She says, "That was a great game! This is Aubrey Davis and my middle name is Faith!"

Favorite Story of the Week ~



"…a lot of companies are passed on within the family. That's how I think about it; it's just part of the family. I have employees right now that have been with me for thirty years. They were committed to staying with me, and now, the most logical thing is that they are going to own the company."



Bob Moore, owner of Bob's Red Mill Natural Foods company in Portland, Oregon, had a very special gift for his 200 employees last week. He gave them the company.

It was the company Bob had built from scratch on his own, with his own money. According to the ABC News report, the gift was worth "hundreds of thousands of dollars for each employee—including the janitors."

Story


Wades Wisdom ~

The FOLD cycle on the clothes dryer isn't working.



Please let Grandma C know many of us are praying for a quick recovery!

For more Friday Fragments, check out Half-Past Kissing Time.

And finally ~

I am so tired of multiplication! I want the boys to just “get it.” Then I am reminded that the Bible says, “Precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little~” and He was dealing with supposedly “card carrying adults.” I’m sure there are times when He wishes I would just “get it” too!

Enjoy your weekend!

Blessings,

22 comments:

  1. Hey my fold cycle doesn't work either, must be a conspiracy with the dryer companies. They want us to spend money on another machine or pay a housekeeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you definitely have to get used to Wordpress. But i'm keeping my blogger one too. Some of my online friends said they were having a HARD time seeing my blogger blog.
    So, I made a Wordpress blog. I wanted to see what the fuss was all about.
    Thanks for leaving a comment! I LOVE comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Bob Moore is pretty amazing, huh!?!

    Hope the boys get the multiplication...and soon. I dread that time.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHA! Loved Aubry's sports commentator thing - priceless! :)

    Wow - Bob Moore is a very impressive person!

    I'm not looking forward to when Princess Nagger gets to the multiplication time.

    Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy the human interest stories on the Olympics because then when the featured olympians loses, or wins for that matter, I cry. Crying is one of my hobbies as I do it for different reasons a few times per week. It is my way of saying I;m happy (or sad, or mad, or tired, or hungry, or pretty much anything). And yes, I'm as emotionally distraught as a 2 year old and I always have been. Being one of those annoying girls who cries for EVERYTHING is hard, but someone's gotta do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable sports commentator!

    I'm with you on the Olympics- more sports, less background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those really are interesting fragments! THanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're working on multiplication too! Sending exponentially good thoughts your way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How funny on Aubrey's commentation!

    Wow - what a story about Bob Moore leaving his company to his employees!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheryl,

    First I want you to know that when I found your comment you left on yesterday's post, I cried. It is truly humbling to me to think that someone who doesn't even know me would fast and pray for a day for me. Thank you so much.

    I enjoyed the sports commentary that your three did! Love the "and my middle name is Faith" from Aubry! Too cute!

    I love using Red Mill's products...have used them for years now. He's got a heart of gold!

    I hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend!
    Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Wii commentator thing. How funny!! Might have to do that when my husband next does archery!!

    Hallie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that Bob Moore gave his company to the employees! Makes me happy I've been buying his products.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful post I love kiddos the Wii is a hit at my house too I need a commentator

    ReplyDelete
  14. My Fold Cycle isn't working, either!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH I just LOVE Red Mill products! Now I love them even more! How wonderful. What a gift.

    I hate math. period. My poor kids have to suffer through with me hating it just as much as they do. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Wii story is too funny!!

    What is with that fold cycle? Mine does not work either!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi again! I tried to add your button to my blog, but the image fader I use for buttons only works with jpg files. Do you have a jpg version of your button?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for the advice on my blog-- I KNOW you're right!

    I love your little girl's "play by play" of her Wii game. It's amazing what kids pick up on, huh?

    ~Elizabeth
    Confessions From A Working Mom

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an adorable post! Kids are so amazing! Thanks for your kind words and for stopping by my blog, my day was better because of it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wish I could just open the brains of my students and dump in the multiplication tables...

    Thanks for the well-wishes for Mom!! :)

    Wow-What a wonderful gesture by Bob Moore. Very heartwarming.

    Hope you're having a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. My fold cycle is grumpy and doesn't LIKE to work... but it does anyways because the apartment is really too little to have piles of clothes all over *L*

    I think that's really amazing about Bob Moore giving the company to his employees. You don't see generosity like that in companies very often anymore!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always a joy to hear from you.