My Friends ~ You Guys are the Best!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Six Degrees of Blogdom ???



Definition:

Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon is a trivia game based on the concept of the small world phenomenon and rests on the assumption that any actor can be linked through his or her film roles to actor Kevin Bacon within six steps. The name of the game is a pun on the philosophical "six degrees of separation" concept.

I think we should start a new game ~ Six Degrees of Blogdom .

Several months ago, I joined a forum some of you may be familiar with, entitled MaryJane’s Farmgirl Connection. It was there I met Frannie (Frannie from Kentucky who writes the “Gurlfrienz" emails).


This is Frannie!



A couple of weeks ago, Frannie emailed asking me to visit an online magazine, Small Town Living.

A week later, I was reading on PW’s (the pioneer woman) site and as I was going to comment, I was glancing through what others had to say and noticed one that caught my eye. I decided to email the writer.

The writer was Jennifer and her website is The Cotton Wife. Once at her site, I discovered she writes for Small Town Living Magazine! I was rather amazed and felt like I had come some sort of “full bloggy circle.” So, I left a comment telling Jennifer….beginning with Frannie’s email.

I rec’d this email from Jennifer ~

“To come even MORE full circle, I know Frannie and am on her "Gurlfrenz" email list (you've gotta be talking about THAT Frannie - haha!). I used to chat over at Mary Jane’s. There are some nice ladies over there.”

- Jennifer


Jennifer and I live in the same small town, only mine is in Oklahoma and Jennifer’s is in Virginia. (If you visit Jennifer, be sure and check out her awesome photography!)

We have decided (Jennifer and I), and whoever else we can rope and drag along (Frannie) are going to be working on a joint project beginning the middle of March. The purpose is to bring awareness to children with cancer and to help a young man (Nathan).

This is Nathan!



Nathan is the one in the middle. Isn't he a doll?

Emily, Nathan's mother, has written his story. You can read it here.

And this is Mandy Ann



Mandy Ann was hand-did by Frannie. Frannie makes primitive dolls and her blog is Little Cabin In the Woods. You probably won't find her there, as she stays pretty busy takin' road trips, antiquin' and taking care of Honey Hunk, Cabin and Creek! Frannie also has some beautiful grandbabies and if you want to be on her "Gurfrienz" email list, just let me know. I'll pass your information along.

So, does anyone else have a Six Degree of Blogdom story? It really is a small world, especially via the internet!

BTW~ on Friday, I will be announcing a giveway! This one will run from Friday (the 19th) through March 2nd! It is going to be pretty simple, but I think you will like the "item" that will be the prize. Then we will kickoff our campaign to help Nathan March 20th. Stay tuned!

Blessings,

6 comments:

  1. Very sweet and it truly, truly is such a small world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love meeting people by way of blogs- especially when we have something in common, like a love of grass fed beef and local agriculture :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY SWEETIE PIE ... t'is "moi" .. frannie .. i will be happy to help in any way that i can our dear little NATHAN. you jus' let me know what you need for me to do. i can surely send out information to the 'true friends' list. and will feel privileged to donate things for an auction, sale or whatever you deem needed.

    a special hi to all you ya's out there that have touched my life so sweetly.

    xo, frannie from freedom valley farm

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! I need to get around more! I don't have a story yet! I'll get back to you! Pssst...do you think God can bring people into our lives,even thru blogging?!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think an awesome God, can do awesome things! And if He wants to use blogging, why not?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a neat story... I belong to lots of groups n such, so there is probably somebody I know that I don't know I know... lol. BTW Thanks for stopping by my blog via Sunday's in My City.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always a joy to hear from you.