My Friends ~ You Guys are the Best!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ Tuesday, April 26th

 Welcome to Lisa and About JollyJilly! 

I went and visited both of your lovely blogs and I am now following you.  Tried to leave a comment and couldn't.  
I'm currently logged in on firefox and may need to switch over to IE.  
I'll try again later.
Hugs!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 The Simple Woman’s Daybook
Outside my window... ~ Its still dark.  The temperature is cool and the breeze smells sweet and clean.  The mean, old rooster is trying his best to wake everyone!

I am reminding myself ~ that “faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”  Heb 11:1

I am thinking...  ~I am now four days behind on counting the Omer…..sick kids and stormy weather.  Still I should do better.

I am thankful for...  ~ a forgiving Father

I am wearing...  ~ pajamas and barefoot

I am remembering...  ~ how much I dislike cellars!

I am praying … ~ for you, for our country ~ many things

I am going...  ~ to continue cleaning for the next several days

I am currently reading...  ~ I have at least two books started, but I haven’t been in a reading mood.  I’ve been in a cleaning mood, which is GOOD.
(And it doesn’t happen every often)

I am hoping...  ~ for lots of energy!

On my mind...  ~ the garden

Noticing that...   ~ I have a lot of unfinished projects!

Pondering these words… “In the spring, everbody’s hands should smell like dirt.” (from a Mary Engelbreit  calendar) ~ I think she’s right!

From the kitchen...  ~ honey hunk has promised to grill  tonight! YES!

Around the house...  ~ things are beginning to shaping up!  How do we accumulate so much clutter over winter?

One of my favorite things… ~ SPRING!

From the Learning Room… ~ the boys are working on geography
and I am learning to make sauerkraut and other fermented vegetables

A picture to share… ~


Please pray for
Ellianna

Quote of the Week… ~ pre-k teacher interviewing grandchickie
 for her pre –enrollment evaluation,  “Are you a boy or a girl?”
Keleighly, “I’m a boy”.
Teacher, “Are you sure you’re a boy?”
Keleighly, as she rolls her eyes, “Really?  I’m a GIRL!  Duh!”
Hey, she is kin to her Mamaw!  She knew all of her shapes, including a trapezoid and an octagon!
(I’m just kidding.  She had to show me what a trapezoid was.)
I’ll be praying for her teacher.  She’ll need it.

Be sure and visit The Simple Woman’s Daybook for more daybook entries.


May your spring be filled with the gift of new life, sweet smells and sunny days.

 May God be gracious to you and bless you; may He make His countenance shine upon you forever; that Your way be known on earth, Your salvation among all nations.

Blessings,
Cheryl

3 comments:

  1. And may His blessings shower upon you in abundance! Keleighly sounds adorable and I bet the teacher will need some prayer cover! Sorry the kids have been sick. Hope everyone is healthy soon. And I wish I would get one of those cleaning moods! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. let elianna's mom know to hang in there -- i'm the mom of a preemie (born at 29 weeks and just turned 2) and it's a marathon, not a sprint. matthew 6:34 is also the most applicable verse -- every day is its own and things can change that fast. if she doesn't have a blog, have her start one. i found it was the easiest way to let people know what was happening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way Keleighly thinks:)))
    Hope you enjoyed honey hunk's bbq!
    So nice to visit you today ~ xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always a joy to hear from you.