My Friends ~ You Guys are the Best!

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sunday At Our Place

Unknown Mami

I know it is time for Sundays In My City. So here I am. However, I wanted to do something nice for someone else, kind of pay in forward. My friend Beth has given me a way to do just that. So, while this is a little different, it is what is going on this Sunday at our place! And you all are invited!

I recently received this from Beth. Isn't it precious! And because it is a virtual Easter basket, full of good things, those good things contain no calories, only the opportunity to help those in need.



This Easter season, Hershey is celebrating it’s new Easter products sold exclusively at Walmart and their legacy of making a difference. Hershey’s will donate up to a total of $5,000 to the Children’s Miracle Network. For each blog that participates in the blog hop by sending virtual Easter Baskets, Hershey’s is donating $10 to the Children’s Miracle Network.

Officially, I am sending this to the following people:


Katie @ Dishin'and Dishes
Georgie @ Decisionally Challenged
Dianna @ Bits and Pieces

Unofficially, I am sending it to all of YOU! Not only that, I am challenging each of you to send it to at least three bloggers!

HERSHEY’S BETTER BASKET BLOG HOP RULES

* Copy and paste these rules to your blog post.

* Create a blog post giving a virtual Easter Basket to another blogger – you can give as many Virtual Baskets as you want.

* Link back to person who gave you an Easter Basket.

* Let each person you are giving a Virtual Easter Basket know you have given them a Basket.

* Leave your link at BetterBasket.info/BlogHop comment section. You can also find the official rules of this #betterbasket blog hop, and more information about Better Basket with Hershey’s there.

* Hershey’s is donating $10 per each blog participating to the Better Basket Blog Hop to Children’s Miracle Network (up to total of $5,000 by blog posts written by April 4th, 2010).

* Please note that only one blog post by each blog url will count towards the donation.

Thanks again, Beth, for the wonderful Easter basket and the opportunity to help someone else!


Personal Note: I hope there are not too many mistakes in this. I am too tired to proof and from the looks of some of the stuff I proofed earlier today, I wouldn't see the mistakes anyway.

Thank you for taking part in the Hershey Easter Basket Blog Hop! And have a great holiday!

Blessings,
Cheryl

8 comments:

  1. Cheryl ...this just really made my morning! Thank you so much!!!
    Congrats on yours 2! Whats even better this virtual basket gives back! LOVES it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat! I sent my baskets out as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea,I will get on this tomorrow. Thanks for your kindness x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thanks! This is a sweet idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so great, I just did a whole post on donations and volunteer work and this is just something that I would love to participate it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cheryl, thank you for the visit and the very kind comments. I would love to take you around London as well maybe one day!

    My Palm Sunday was blessed: everybody was home!

    And the worship was amazing! Bless you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Cheryl,
    I wanted to make sure that I came over here today and tell you that I appreciate you! When I found your note today it reminded me that while I did thank you and link others back here to your blog, that I hadn't taken the time to come back over here and personally say thank you for the virtual Hershey's basket from yesterday. It was SO fun!

    I also wanted to thank you for the information on the Fibroboost. I haven't had a chance yet to read at the link you provided, but I will be looking it over shortly. I appreciate the time you took to find that out for me.

    And, last but not least, a LONG time ago when I did that post on Strong Heart you asked me how many different places we'd lived. I've finally remembered to answer that question. When we were first married we lived in a rental house in PA, but by the fall semester of that year we moved to an apartment in Morgantown while my husband finished up his senior year at WVU. Upon graduation we moved to the eastern part of the state as he entered the manager trainee program of Southern States Co-op. Then the rental house we were living in Charles Town was sold out from under us and we bought our first house...still in the same area. By this time we had both our children and our daughter was in kindergarten. Southern States offered my husband something they seldom ever do...his first store as manager back in his hometown area (Romney, WV). We bought our second home and lived there for 20 years. That was "home" to our kids. Then ten years ago we moved back to Preston County, WV....we made the move to help with our aging parents. We'd only been here a year when my mother had a heart attack and 10 days later my mother-in-law had a stroke. My mother has since passed on to Glory and we are blessed to still have my mom and Strong Heart's dad to help. There it is....38 years of marriage in all those different places! I'd be tempted to say I'm never moving again, but life's experience has taught me that it is normally the things I say I refuse to do are the very things that the Lord uses to show me He is still in control. So...now I just say I'd prefer not to move again, and allow Him to be in charge! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always a joy to hear from you.