Friday, April 23, 2010
Awards, Troubles, and the End of the Giveaway!
This award is from the dynamic blogger…of All These Things, the lovely Adrienne. Please go by and say hi! (You will really like her!)
I have to share 10 random things about myself and then pass this award on to 10 of my favorite bloggers.
1. I am short (5’1”) and hubby is tall. We look like Mutt and Jeff.
2. I am OCD about some things ~ dishes done, trash carried out, and the bathroom cleaned. Pretty much everything else is, “when I get around to it.”
3. I learned to crawl in the bottom of a boat. My folks loved to fish.
4. I have one sister, she is four years younger and lives outside of Chicago.
5. I enjoy painting, as in oil paints, but rarely have time anymore.
6. I love classical guitar music, such as Mason Williams.
7. My first job after graduating high school was with the FBI in the district of criminals.
8. I enjoy movies that make me laugh.
9. I love to read (almost more than eating!) and would list my favorite authors, but that would be a post in itself!
10. Okay, this is the long one, so get ready (after all, April is National Humor Month). You know we live in the country and you probably have guessed we love animals; however, we once had a rooster that I hated (even more than the mean, ugly rooster we have now). One day I was standing in the kitchen washing dishes looking out the window. Hubby was in the back bathroom taking a shower. I kept watching this rooster out the window and the more I watched, the angrier I got. Finally, I did it! I marched into the bedroom and got the .22 out of the closet, loaded it and (without thinking) went out and shot that hateful old bird. Unfortunately, I didn’t mention my intentions to honey hunk before I did the deed. He came flying out the back door with a towel wrapped around him trying to figure out what the dickens was going on. He didn’t use the word “dickens”. He also informed me, he would appreciate a little advance notice the next time I decided to shoot something. That was several years ago. The only thing I’ve shot since then was a copperhead snake and honey hunk wasn’t home at the time.;-)
Okay, moving right along, I now have to pick ten! But first (a word from our sponsor…hahaha), do you own a tart warmer? This is the Candle Giveaway Question of the Day! Leave me a comment.
I am going to pick five of my newer favorite blogs and five of my older favorite blogs. And since I love you all with equal amounts of zeal and favor, I don’t want anyone to feel left out. I still have five winners I need to choose from the Sunshine Award and another ten from another award, plus I have an award I am designing…so, if you are not on this list, stay tuned!
Winners of The Honest Scrap Award: (in no particular order)
Caution Flag at The Human Race 600
The Gals over at Real Housewives of Oklahoma
Melinda at Melinda’s Fabric Fantasies
Dawn at Dawn’s Diversions
Steph at Katie What Can U Do
Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee
Okay, I selected 6, and then my laptop refused to connect to the internet. I fiddled with this crazy thing until after 2:00 a.m. this morning and then was on the phone most of the day with AT&T, trying to diagnose the problem. Finally, about 8:00 tonight (Friday), I am back!
In order to get this posted, I am once again cutting the list short, but I will finish and pass the awards along like a good "girl" or not....sorry. If you really, really, want the award....grab it! I won't tell a soul. Promise. For one thing, it takes time ....lots of time, to check to see who has already rec'd the award and some days, time is a valuable commodity around here.
(Psssttt....Adrienne, if you are here....I really do thank you for the award! I love you for thinking of me! I do. And you can award me with any award you see fit! I'll get caught up one of these days ~ soon!! Hugs!)
Also, this is the last question for the giveaway..(the one above), but I am going to include any and all comments through Sunday night the 25th. I think I was suppose to close the contest out tonight, but after being off line for nearly 24 hours, that doesn't seem fair. So, comment away!
And now for NEW BUSINESS ~ I think I am going to do something a little "controversial" concerning my weight or rather the need to shed some of this weight! I have been studying and praying about trying something new and totally different. And because it is a process most are not familiar with, I am going to share my experience with you, along with blogging about my weight loss journey. Normally, I wouldn't do this....I mean, why set myself up for criticism if I fall on my face, but on the other hand, I am believing this has the potential to keep me honest!
Therefore, if you are like me and need to loose some of the extra baggage trying to hang on your lovely frame....stay tuned and check back!
This concludes our meeting for today (unless I have another bright idea before I crash), for now I need to do some studying.
Have a very blessed weekend!