Since Jan became number 100, I am stalking, er....following her around today....not really, but she was doing a fantastic meme and of course it looked like fun.
The Random Dozen is hosted by some chick, Lid...Linda...(depends on her caffeine levels at that time, I think). Just kidding. You will also enjoy getting to know Linda at the 2nd Cup of Coffee. Speaking of which, I need to go grab my second (or is it third) cup. While I am gone, make yourself at home! And below is my Random Dozen! And below that is the candle giveaway question of the day!
1. Ever had any run-ins with the "library police?"
Yes, but they are actually very nice at our library. But hey, with all these kids, over the years I was bound to misplace a book or two.
2. Do you have a special organizational plan and place for wrapping paper, gift bags, etc., or do you just purchase whatever you need as you give gifts.
Little of both, but more often that not, the latter.
3. Have you ever been in (first-hand witness) a natural disaster?
Only if you count a tornado.
4. What's your favorite Barry Manilow song?
Probably, Bridge Over Troubled Water…..mostly, I just miss the 70’s!
5. What's the best costume you've ever worn?
An old farm lady with lots of kids….oh, that’s my everyday costume!
6. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?
The dictionary, unless I am really trying to impress someone (which isn't often).
7. What's your favorite breakfast food?
Omelets and fresh (seasonal) fruit
8. Have you ever purchased anything from an infomercial?
No, but I’ve been tempted.
9. Have you ever crawled through a window?
Yes, one time when I was nine months pregnant and my husband still reminds me of it. I had to stack concrete blocks to climb on to reach the window. I couldn’t find my key though. Finally, the kids got big enough to unlock the door and I could just lift them through the window.
10. Do you believe in love at first sight?
More like super attracted at first sight. I mean, how can you know someone’s heart unless you are around them for a while?
11. How man pairs of jeans do you own?
Probably 5, but at less three of the five need to be added to the rag bag. Only two that I can actually wear in public. It is difficult to throw the old ones away, as they are great for working in the garden and just for everyday.
12. If someone were going to bake a cake to honor/represent you, what would it be? (Think creatively, like Duff and Crew on "Ace of Cakes.")
I am assuming “Duff and Crew” are on the food network and we don’t do TV….however, we do, do cakes, During the warmer months, I love those nice gooey things that have to be refrigerated (yeah, you know the ones…easy to make, hard on the waistline). During the cooler months, I like lemon pound cake, fresh apple cakes….usually cakes without icing that are great with coffee. Or you may make me a cheesecake anytime you like.
Candle Giveaway Question of the Day~
If you could invent a candle fragrance, what scent would it be?
(My answer would be....my hedge that is blooming, I love that scent! And I would call it Spring Fantasy.
BTW, help yourself to the coffee, tea, cinnamon rolls and fresh fruit!
May you day be filled with blessings!