My Friends ~ You Guys are the Best!

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Memorial Day Challenge ~ Week 3



This Memorial Day Challenge is brought to you by Sandy. You can visit Sandy at A Working Mom's Joy. Thank you, for doing this, Sandy. And I promise, no nagging this week.;-)

Memorial Day Challenge - Week 3

Weigh In Day: Saturday

Starting Weight: 248

Challenge Goal: Loose 24 lbs (I know, it is a lot in a short time. Keep reading!)

Week 1: May 8 - 248

Week 2: May 15 - 239 (Tada!)

Week 3: May 22 - 236

Week 4: May 29

Not as dramatic as last week, but (since I finally found my tape measure) I am happy to report I dropped 7 1/2 inches!

I know, I didn't drink as much water as I should have this past week. I am going to work on that.

I did exercise a little, which helped my over all mood.

As for the effect of the hCG:

I am no longer having the headaches that I was plagued with the first few days. And I did start taking potassium, which has seemed to help in a number of ways - less muscle cramps (I was already taking magnesium), resting better at night. And the real plus is, I am not having any cravings. I went to town yesterday with DD#2. She was hungry, so we stopped and she ate a cheese burger, chips and pop and I was fine with water. Not even a chip!! Before, I would have at least eaten a couple of chips without thinking.

There were two days, I didn't watch what I ate as carefully as I should have. Not that I really over ate (for me anyway), we just had too much going on and lots of company. By the time I cooked for everyone else, I just grabbed a little of whatever. Notice, I said little.....no huge helpings or going back for more.

At this rate, I probably won' make my goal, but it was a little unrealistic to begin with. I will be in a better place than I was at the start. Overall, I am thrilled with the results of the hCG....and another thing, my hair and nails seem to be growing like crazy!

This week I am going to work very hard at drinking more water. I have restocked with lots of fresh fruit and lean meats. I think we will have a reduction in "busyness" now that school is out, which will make life much easier on me, thus reducing my stress and the temptation to just eat something, because I am too exhausted to care.;-)

I am going to work at adding more exercise.

I am going to focus on positive thoughts, rather than negitive.

I am going to choose LIFE.


Be blessed!
Cheryl

8 comments:

  1. You're doing great! Keep it up! I have lost about 15 pounds and feel so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog, goals and inspiration! Glad I found you! Newest follower and I will take the challenge!! :-)
    Hugs,
    Coreen
    PS. I LOVE your BIO too!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job!! Keep going, you are doing great

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is wonderful Cheryl, you are an inspiration.
    Hugs and Blessings Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on working so hard!
    Thanks for stopping by Saturday on the Farm today. Hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done.
    Great plan in place and you are following it.

    Take care. Hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always a joy to hear from you.