My Friends ~ You Guys are the Best!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Notice....I will be leading a group of ladies in prayer and fasting this coming Thursday. If you have a prayer request or would like to join us, feel free to contact me either by leaving a comment or email me at:

bloomwhereyoureplanted (at) yahoo (dot) com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For Today.....from Cheryl's Daybook

Tuesday, May 18th


Outside my window....~ I hear crickets, tree frogs and every once in a while the call of a whippoorwill

I am thankful for.... ~ the fact, we rec'd no damage from the recent storms


I am remembering.... ~ this evening is the beginning of Shavuot or Pentecost (Feast of Weeks)

I am going.... ~ to plan on taking the boys and the grandkids to Arbuckle Wilderness soon

I am currently reading.... ~ The Prophet by Francine Rivers and Take Two by Karen Kingsbury

I am hoping.... ~ to shapoo the carpets this week

On my mind.... ~ getting ready for Memorial Day weekend

Noticing that....~ our weather seems to be growing in intensity

Pondering these words.... ~ "So teach us to number our days that we might apply our hearts to wisdom." Psalms 90:12

From the kitchen.... ~ pot roast with all the trimmings, fresh fruit

Around the house.... ~ removing clutter that seems to build up during the school months

I am praying for.... ~ among others, Katie's daughter (Kayla) in India on a short term Missions Trip

One of my favorite things.... ~ the garden

From my picture book....


For more, visit The Simple Woman's Daybook

Blessings,
Cheryl


9 comments:

  1. What a lovely picture! Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

    Could you pray for my friend Jamie? She's two months into adopting a child with special needs, and the day to day strain is hard on her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, I would be happy to pray for Jamie and the child she is adopting.

    May your day be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful picture. I just posted a video from OKC Hail Storms. UNBELIEVABLE! The guy filming it said omg a lot which I would have preferred to edit out but the video is still worth watching. Especially from abou 1:00 minute mark to about 2:30.

    Praying for Katie's daughter here too!

    Love you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Beth. I will checkout the video.

    Be sure and look at the pictures Katie posted of India. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you on the clutter....never ends. Please keep my 6 year old son in your prayers. He is having trouble resisting the temptation to go along with naughty boys at school.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This must be the week for Decluttering!
    I am watching Tornado's in Texas right now, Crazy.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the nature sounds we hear each day too.
    I pray you are able to do allyou wish this week.

    As to prayers would you pray that we can sell our house and be able to be together as a family again.

    I enjoy getting your posts on my dashboard since following, it makes it easier to keeep up with
    Thank you
    Blessings
    Gae

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for your son, Wendy and praying your house sells, Gae.

    I know, I love the dashboard....it helps to checkout what everyone is posting about.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my absolute favorite butterflies! We "raise" a few each year from larva we find on the dill and parsley in our garden. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always a joy to hear from you.