My Friends ~ You Guys are the Best!

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Want To Get Healthier? Leaner, Meaner - JK on the last one



Memorial Day Challenge – Week 1

Weigh In Day: Saturday
Starting Weight: 248

Challenge Goal: Loose 24 lbs (I know, it is a lot in a short time. Keep reading!)

Week 1: May 8 -248

Week 2: May 15 -

Week 3: May 22 -

Week 4: May 29 -

I am joining Sandy from A Working Mom’s Joy in her Memorial Day Challenge. If you would like to take part, just go by Sandy’s and leave her a comment. It is wonderful when we can be an encouragement to one another.

My battle of the bulge is a long and boring story. I have never been accused of being skinny at anytime in my life. I once heard someone say, "If it wasn’t for dieting, they would be a mountain." Yeah, me too!

A few years ago, I lost 70 lbs. first on Atkins and then on the (no) white diet. Both diets are excellent, but for some reason (age?) this time around I have experienced a difficult time getting started and staying focus. I could explain all the reasons why or why not, but that isn’t what this post is about ~ may another time.

Anyway, today I am beginning a new journey. After much prayer and pondering, I started taking hCG this morning. As the days and weeks follow, I will record my journey here. There are many pros and cons to this method of dieting, but I truly feel that it is right for me.

HCG works by resetting your hypothalamus. Therefore, once the deed is done, there is a much better chance you will not regain the weight you work so hard to loose.

I have much to tell you and a lot of information to share, but it will have to be done over a period of time and in several posts. I am hoping to set up pages, so just one area of the blog can be devoted to health & weight issues. Once the pages are set up, I will post pictures and share any weight loss tips that I find work for me.

By the way, my final weigh in date for this phase is on hubby’s birthday. How cool is that?! He is always happy when I do something positive to enhance our over all health and my weight loss. ;)

If you have questions, just ask in the comment section and I will try to answer you as best I can. Whatever progress I make or do not make will be for all to see.

Blessings,
Cheryl


5/8 Got up at 6:30 and took the first dose of hCG. Today and tomorrow are “load up days” or “pig out days”. No kidding! Who starts a diet and then is forced to eat all they can the first two days? They say, if you do not do this, you will be extremely hungry the first week.

Okay, okay. You don’t have to twist my arm! This will make Mothers’ Day dinner a lot easier tomorrow! Ha!

It is now 2:00 p.m. and already I can tell a mild difference, in that I am not “wanting” everything I see, even though I am suppose to be eating like a pig. It is a little cool today, much makes drinking my water a little bit more difficult, but I am working on that.
~more later!

9 comments:

  1. Wishing you blessings and success! I'll be interested to hear more details. Where did you find the program to follow with the supplement?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Cheryl, I have not heard of HCG or this type of diet, I will follow with interest. All the best and trusting it will work for you.
    Richest Blessings- Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! I'm not familiar with HCG either.

    In answer to your comment: I have a Sony Cybershot. It has a setting for moving objects which helps with the birds and flowers. It also has an automatic focus setting for most everything else. I got it for Christmas because my other digital didn't work for the birds. I couldn't take close ups without being close enough to scare them away. I am loving this new camera. The only downside is the bulkiness of it when you have to carry it around.
    Blessings,
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth, Kevin Trudeau has a weight loss book where he wrote about hCG. For quite awhile, you could only get the injections by a physican, which made the diet very expensive.

    A few months ago, I became friends with Pam. I saw Pam on God's Learning Channel, but I only caught the last part of her interview, which was about essential oils. Anyway, because I wanted to find out more about what she was talking about, I contacted her. Pam lives in Missouri and has a Christian/Messianic yahoo group made up of just women. This is where I learned most of the information I have. Several of the women there have been using hCG and the vast percentage has had amazing results.

    I ordered direct from Pam. She works in the healthfood industry and she is a proclaimed "control freak, skeptic". She orders everything and mixes it herself. Many of the products sold online, contain very little actual hCG. Too, she is Messianic and wanted to make sure the product was "clean."

    I take 6 drops under the tongue, twice a day. After "loading your system" the first two days, you then switch to 500 calories a day for approximately 21 days. They are very specific calories as you are re-setting your hypothalamus. Then you switch protocols, after which you can repeat the hCG.

    One of the ladies on it, lost 12 lbs and 13 inches during the first 10 days and says this is the only diet that has ever worked for her.

    I have several pages of information and will email them if you are interested. The cost is about $70 during the three or so weeks you are taking the hCG. Some people can go up to 40 days before changing protocols.

    Jan, thank you for your good wishes!

    ~ Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mama Bear,

    Thanks for the camera information. I need a new camera, but I don't think it will be in my Mothers' Day pkg....maybe birthday, if I'm good.;)

    Thank you for making it possible to link to Sandy's, too!

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so intrigued with this. There is another blogger out there who is doing this method too. Before that I've never heard of it. I am cheering you on and can't wait to learn more. I can't even imagine the pig out days. Sounds like fun, but I do remember reading that it is hard to do.
    I would probably do it, but I'm thinking it costs money??? Please share the expense side too. And if you have to go to the doctors each week, etc. Not just what YOU do...kk?
    Wishing you success in your journey to better health!
    Happy Mother's Day to you sweet lady.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope it works well for you. I have never heard of it before.

    I'm anxious to see how it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will be interested to see the details of how it works for you. 500 calories for 3 weeks is awfully low. If you can do it ... more power to you! :)

    There is a comment from you on my blog so it obviously likes you better than you think it does. Sorry it gave you grief!

    Have a happy day! Love you!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tell me more. Or I'll just read. Any help is great. I'm working so hard trying to lose this weight. 17 lbs in 4 months isn't much but 35" makes it much better. I'll see what else you have to say and also I'll go check out Sandy's blog.
    Good luck to you. Please keep us posted. Take care and God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always a joy to hear from you.