My Friends ~ You Guys are the Best!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY... from Cheryl's Daybook

Tuesday, May 25th






Outside my window...
~the moon is shinning and nearly full, a scattering of small white clouds, the sounds of the night

I am thankful for... ~LIFE, salvation, family, and good friends


I am wearing...
~ a red Old Navy tee shirt (year 2001), black stretch pants


I am remembering...
~ things that remain steadfast. We have been sitting outside in the garden the last few nights, enjoying the lightning bugs (or fire flies), the smell of fresh dirt mixed with the scent of honeysuckle, showing the boys the big dipper and how to find the North Star. These are the things that remain constant, regardless of the economy, regardless of our individual pains or sorrows; these are gifts that make up our everyday, ordinary splendor.


I am going... ~ to finish up two graduation gifts, so I can tackle some summer projects.

I am currently reading... ~ The Prophet by Francine Rivers (still) ~ This is an excellent book by one of my favorite authors. I just haven’t had a lot of time for reading lately.

I am hoping... ~ to shampoo the carpets this week. (Carry over from last week, still headed in that direction.)

On my mind... ~ All that God is doing around me. Amazing! This is one of my favorite scriptures:

"The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing." Zep. 3:17 (How amazing is that? He is going to spread joy over you with His singing!)


Noticing that... ~ that many people are making major changes in their lives, one step at a time. When I am out blog-hopping around, I find the most interesting people and so many of them are in a season of change. I am not referring to a political climate change, but change of a personal, spiritual nature. Noticing this change has affected my choice of words to ponder, also.

Pondering these words... “Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.” ~Jeremiah 6:16


From the kitchen... ~ beef stir-fry, salad, fresh strawberries

Around the house... ~ too many projects and not enough organization.


I am praying for
~our country

I am creating
~a haven, a place of rest

One of my favorite things ~the garden and spending time in it with my other half

A picture to share.... the wildroses, such a welcome sign of spring making way for summer.



I didn't take this photo (it is much to clear, to be one of mine). It is from an online gardening catalog. But I noticed over the weekend, the wildroses along our dirt roads are beginning to bloom! They are so lovely! This week I plan on dusting off the camera and taking some photos to share.

For more from The Simple Woman's Daybook go
here or, better yet, post your own and link up with the rest of us!

Have a wonderful week!

Blessings,
Cheryl

7 comments:

  1. Hello Cheryl. Always worthwhile to stop by.
    Did you know that the prophetic word in a lot of prophets' mouth for this year was "change".

    Take care my friend, looking forward to your photos. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your DayBook is wonderful and inspiring. Always a good read. Thanks
    Blessya Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind words this morning ... I think my favorite part of my blog is the name :~) ... it definitely fits my life right now!

    I have read and enjoyed a couple of Francine Rivers' books, but not this one ... yet!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is one of the reasons I come to your blog--you're always so true and faithful, Cheryl. We need women like you in abundance!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is cool yesterday I was trying to think of the lady who wrote that book that Michael Landon, Jr. made a movie out of and its Francine Rivers. Now I have to remember the name of the book.
    Anyway, oh yes I sew for anyone and everyone. I will post more info and my services next week. Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always a blessing to read your Daybook, Miss Cheryl! :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cheryl!!

    Just wanted to let you know that I added you to the Over 40 Bloggers List!!

    Thanks for joining us!!

    I'm following back! You have an awesome blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always a joy to hear from you.