My Friends ~ You Guys are the Best!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook, 11/24 and Gratitude Challenge Day 24

New followers, WELCOME!  Make yourself at home.  I will be by your blog as quickly as I can and return the follow.  The last two days have been busy, but I have noticed you and can’t wait to get to know you better!


Outside my window...  we have a cool front moving in, so it is noticeably cooler tonight, great sleeping weather!

I am reminding myself ~ it isn’t necessary for me to have an opinion on every little thing.

I am thinking...  ~ I should be up “doing” instead of “sitting.”

I am thankful for...  ~ fresh plowed dirt between my toes ~` making ice cream with the kids during the summer ~ walks in the pasture with my honey ~ the smell of leaves burning ~ the call of a whippoorwill

(Noticing a pattern? ~ I think my mind is racing past winter and jumping head long into spring!)





(Just click to read more gratitude posts.)

I am wearing...  ~ Pajamas

I am remembering...  ~ fun holidays from years past.  The faces around the dinner table have really changed.

I am praying … ~ everyone has a safe Thanksgiving Weekend  


I am going.... ~to be STAYING home on black Friday *it's a tradition!


I am currently reading...  ~ my Bible, but I found an older book, I read several years ago (and have been looking for it forever!) and Friday I am going to start it.  I’ll give you the name next week.

I am hoping...  ~  to see both of the two new grandbabies Thursday

On my mind...  ~  G.R.A.C.E. and a tiny feather.

Noticing that...   ~  The separating of the wheat and the tares has begun.

Pondering these words…  ~ “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.”  Php. 4:8

From the kitchen...  ~  I think there is a piece of cold pecan pie left…hmmmm
Around the house...  ~ I am creating gifts (buckets of LOVE)

One of my favorite things… ~  the smell of Oatmeal Cookies baking

From the Learning Room… ~  We are on VACATION for a few days.

A picture to share… ~
Eat more beef!
Have a very blessed Thanksgiving!
Cheryl

5 comments:

  1. I Love the "Eat More Beef"!! That's adorable!! However, I am a true turkey lover and plan on stuffing myself in the days to come!! I too will be staying home on Friday. I am sad to say I am one of those "last minute shoppers" :)

    Have a great Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Cheryl. I'll also be staying home Friday -- I hate to shop and rarely do, except food of course. And, if I can't find it at wal-mart, chances are I don't need it! :) I love reading about your days. Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl, I saw your post about the swap. I don't know how to say this other than to just say it, I was your partner and not Julie. I didn't make anything in the swap, but thought the Harvest pillow and pumpkin was perfect for you. I am glad you liked everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love the photo.
    Enjoy Thanksgiving!

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL at the photo. I'm looking forward to Spring already, too. It was cold and windy today!

    I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and enjoy your family. Especially those grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always a joy to hear from you.